The photo above is of a jar that we filled also with some white cucumbers as the pepper harvest is just now coming in, so we didn't have quiet enough banana peppers to fill the jar.
Easy Refrigerator Pickled Peppers
• Mason Jars (One 24 oz jar or a couple 12 oz Jars)
• 2-3 cups sliced jalapeños (or any pepper!)
• 3/4 cup white vinegar
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
• 2-4+ cloves of garlic, peeled, chopped or whole
• optional: 1-2 TBSP sugar (if desired, this cuts down spice a bit)
• optional: fresh dill flower heads or leaves, peppercorns
Wash and dry your jar(s). Chop peppers into discs, discard the stems. Boil the water and vinegar in a pot. Then, add peppers, sea salt, garlic, and sugar (skip sugar if you want them spicier or don't like any sweetness). Reduce heat to low, simmer for one minute then remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour into the mason jar(s).
Put on the lid and put into the refrigerator for 24 hours, and voila, you have delicious pickled peppers! Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. You can use this same recipe for cucumbers or as a cucumber/pepper combination!
Grow your own peppers to pickle! We have a great variety of peppers that can be pickled or made into hot sauce: