Orange Salsa Recipe
Posted on 22 January 2020
If you grow our Orange Jalapeño seeds or any of our other orange hot peppers, then you gotta try this Orange Salsa recipe.
For this salsa, we recommend growing some of our favorite Orange Heirloom Tomato Seeds such as our Big Rainbow Tomato, or the Chef's Choice Orange Tomato, or the delicious Garden Peach Tomato... and you'll have a brilliant orange salsa that is sure to be the talk of the party.
You can use any of our orange hot peppers for this orange salsa recipe, or if you want flavor but not so much heat, make sure to also try out our Trick or Treat Habanero, which has all the amazing Habanero flavor without the heat – this is a good one to mix with other hot peppers to add more flavor without spiciness.
Orange Salsa Recipe
- 4 Cups of Diced Fresh Orange Tomatoes
(5-10 Orange Heirloom Tomatoes)
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Orange Hot Peppers such as our Orange Jalapeños – you can deseed them if you want to cut down on the heat level, or leave the seeds in for a nice spicy salsa!
- 1 medium sized Red or White Onion, diced
- 3-6 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- Juice of 1 Lime
- I Bunch of Cilantro, stems are fine, too!
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of sugar (completely optional, to taste, to sweeten a tad if too acidic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you are using fresh tomatoes you can opt to cook them down in a heavy saucepan or roast them in the oven for a thicker salsa. Let cool, then use in recipe.
Using Food Processor, process all the ingredients above (except for the onions) until nicely mixed in batches. To reduce bitterness and sweeten onions, soak the diced onions in cold water while you are processing the rest of the ingredients. Stir in onions into the salsa, and store in a glass dish in the fridge. Let it chill it to get the flavors to develop before eating, but of course you're welcome to put some in a small bowl to taste right away, that's what we always do! We find that the spice level gets hotter overnight.
Enjoy this amazing Orange Salsa with corn tortilla chips or on tacos, burritos, as a marinade in the crockpot.... this Orange Chile Salsa is sure to get used up quick.