Make this deliciously spicy Mac and Cheese recipe to please any spice-lover. While regular mac and cheese could always use a little spicing up, so this is a great recipe to make it mouth-watering good.
Spice up your life with this spicy jalapeno mac and cheese! Nothing is better for the winter season than a warm mac and cheese dish with a kick!
3 C elbow noodles
¼ C butter (or olive oil)
3 medium jalapenos (fine dice)
2 cloves garlic
¼ C all-purpose flour
2 C heavy cream (or use coconut milk)
2 C whole milk (or use coconut milk)
2 Tbs Franks RedHot original hot sauce
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ C shredded sharp cheddar
1 ½ C shredded monterey jack
1 C shredded parmesan
½ C bread crumb
- In large pot, add in salted water and bring to a boil. Cook elbow noodle to al dente, strain, and set aside for later. To ensure noodle don’t stick together, add 1 tbs of oil to strained noodle and toss to coat evenly.
- Next, in large saucepan melt butter. Once melted add in garlic and jalapenos cook for 2-3 min. sprinkle in flour and whisk together to create a roux (this will be your thickener). Continue to mix, until it turns into a paste.
- Quickly start to pour in the heavy cream and milk, add 1/4 of the milk mixture then stir roux till combined, add another 1/4 and stir this will help to not make clumps, continue this process till you’ve added all the cream mixture.
- Add in the hot sauce, and seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium high and continue to whisk until your sauce has thickened. Once thick, turn off heat and add in cheddar, Monterey, and 1/2 C of parmesan cheese, stir until completely melted.
- Add the cheese sauce into your noodle and mix well. Pour your mac and cheese into a 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan and breadcrumbs over the top. You can add a dash of cayenne pepper on top to give it some more color and spice, too!
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and enjoy!