Because we grow our own Hatch chiles from seed, we love collecting Hatch Chile recipes – there are so many it's hard to list them all here!
Check out our Recipes page, and our Blog which is packed with recipes.
We also have a Pinterest board of Hatch Chile recipes that we're collecting, there are lots of recipes, everything from Hatch Chile Sauce to Hatch Chile Hummus to Hatch Chile Verde to Hatch Chile Relleno Casseroles.... YUM!
Below is one of our favorite Hatch chile stew recipes:
Here is one of our favorite recipes, we'll post more soon!
NEW MEXICO HATCH GREEN CHILE STEW
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup roasted Hatch green chiles, diced
- 2 lbs of pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp pepper (white or regular)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- flour tortillas, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- Heat large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add 1½ tbsp of olive oil and brown the pork in batches, then place into bowl to rest. Add a little more oil, then saute the onion, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper for a couple minutes. Add flour and stir until it starts to turn brown, then add Hatch green chiles, water, and pork. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour until the pork is tender. Spoon into bowls and serve with tortillas and fresh cilantro, and even some shredded cheese and fresh onions on top if you fancy. Yum!