Happy St. Patrick's Day - Celebrate with Green Chile!
We are making up a batch of homegrown, homemade green chile to smother our Corned Beef and potatoes with!
Grow your own green chile seeds »
Here's one of our favorite recipes for Green Chile:
NEW MEXICO HATCH GREEN CHILE STEW
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup roasted Hatch green chiles, diced
- 2 lbs of pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp pepper (white or regular)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- flour tortillas, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- Heat large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add 1½ tbsp of olive oil and brown the pork in batches, then place into bowl to rest. Add a little more oil, then saute the onion, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper for a couple minutes. Add flour and stir until it starts to turn brown, then add Hatch green chiles, water, and pork. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour until the pork is tender. Spoon into bowls and serve with tortillas and fresh cilantro, and even some shredded cheese and fresh onions on top if you fancy. Yum!
Grow your own Hatch Chile Seeds: