Fermented Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
- 6-8 jalapeños (or any hot pepper)
- 1 bell pepper (or any sweet pepper)
- 1/2 of a white onion
- 3-6+ Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of salt (no iodine)
- 32-oz Canning Jar with lid* (Or use a Pickle Pipe or a fermentation crock to avoid the need to burp!)
*You can use any size glass jar that will fit the ingredients, it depends on the number of peppers and size of the onion you use. The main thing is to make sure there is about an inch or less of headspace at the top of whatever glass container you use for ideal fermentation (although we’ve had more space before without problems).
Once you have reached desired fermentation after 2-3+ weeks, where the flavor and aroma have developed nicely, process the sauce again until the desired consistency is reached. You can also strain it if desired and put into hot sauce bottles or keep it in a jar, and store in the fridge and enjoy it on anything!