Vinegar Pepper Sauce Recipe
Posted on 15 August 2017
Vinegar Pepper Sauce Recipe:
- 1 glass bottle with cap or cork
- 1 cup of peppers (roughly, use any type of hot pepper, such as goat horns)
- Vinegar such as White Wine Vinegar (enough to fill jar, you can fill jar, and pour into pot to measure, any vinegar you want to use will work!)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (optional)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
In a non-reactive pot (such as stainless steel, ceramic, glass or metal cookware with enamel coating) bring vinegar to a simmer, being careful to not boil. Rinse enough peppers to fill the bottle, removing stems if preferred. Make a small slit with a knife in each of the peppers, this allows the vinegar fully permeate the peppers. Stuff all of the peppers, garlic and black peppercornds into the glass bottle, then fill the bottle with the hot vinegar.
Feel free to use different spices or try different varieties of hot peppers or vinegar.
Sprinkle this vinegar on all your favorite foods and add to soups or chiles. When the vinegar gets low top it off with more, to keep your pepper sauce lasting forever. Enjoy!