10 Reasons Growing Peppers is Good for Your Health!
Posted on 08 March 2016
Did you know that growing green chile, hot peppers & veggies is good for your health?
Here's our favorite 10 reasons:
- Gardening burns calories - up to 330 calories an hour for light gardening work!
- Gardening helps your heart! Gardening for 30 minutes a few times a week can help reduce heart disease.
- Gardening reduces stress!
- Being surrounded by plants improves your health by enhancing your mood
- Gardening gives meaning to your day – growing vegetables, especially green chile peppers is a rewarding thing!
- Gardening can be a form of meditation – you can forget your worries and focus on the moment.
- Digging in the soil is a proven mood booster!
- Exposure to dirt also helps people, especially kids, to develop healthier stronger immune systems.
- Gardening inspires relationships and compassion – make new friends, and add the passion of growing your own vegetables!
- Home-grown peppers and vegetables are healthier than what you get at the grocery store, they are more nutritious and more delicious than conventionally farmed fruit, vegetables and herbs. And, they're FRESH!